Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Welcome!!!

To those who said I would never create a blog, I've proven you wrong. You can thank my students at the American University in Cairo for bringing me over to the dark side of blogging -- at least for the fall semester 2008.

My mission for this semester is to show my students the world beyond the sand and desert of Kattameya, where AUC has now opened a new campus. It's been a trial by fire for students and faculty alike and my goal by assigning my Intro to Multimedia Writing classes is to give the students an outlet to share their thoughts, frustrations and achievements on the new campus while learning about blogging and other electronic media at the same time. Your mission as bloggers is to provide outside readers with a window into life at AUC as it goes through a tough transition. My classes are about journalism and my students are reporters. Their blogs will not only provide a diary of their experiences -- good, bad, and ugly -- but will also demonstrate the types of stories that come out of a campus in flux. 

Good luck with your blogging experiment and I look forward to reading all that you have to say!

No comments: